Jan Dietvorst (1953, Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands) works with anthropological themes, exploring the making of myth and mythologisation of realities. In his extensive collaborations with Roy Villevoye, he examines these issues in documentary-style video footage shot primarily in parts of former Dutch New Guinea, but refuses to simplify or reduce his subject.
- ° 1953 Bergen Op Zoom (Netherlands). Lives in Amsterdam.
- Argos Media Library
- The Gaze is Us: On Spectatorship
- Two Roy Villevoye & Jan Dietvorst videos
- Jan Dietvorst & Roy Villevoye
- Jan Dietvorst & Roy Villevoye - EVIDENCE
- W2 : AFTER THE BATTLE
- Passages. La photographie dans l’art vidéo contemporain
- Loop Festival 2010
- Jan Dietvorst & Roy Villevoye - The Scrap-Iron Age
- Another Look – Relocating Ethnicity and Otherness
At view in the media library