ARGOS is looking for a receptionist! (GECO)
ARGOS is looking for a full-time receptionist in a dynamic work environment in the audiovisual arts. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for visitors and you will be responsible for the opening, closing and daily care of the building.
- You are responsible for the daily reception operations at ARGOS
- You ensure that every visitor receives a warm and friendly welcome
- You address the visitor in the appropriate language: English, French or Dutch
- You are responsible for the orientation of the groups for the guided tours and offer clear information to visitors
- You report on the number of visitors and give the necessary explanations
- You are responsible for the daily care of the building. Order, cleanliness, and control of public and work areas
- You are responsible for guiding and managing the volunteers and student workers
- You are responsible for the cash register of the reception and the bar
- You have a secondary education diploma
- You are bilingual (NL/FR) and can express yourself fluently in English
- You have a basic knowledge of computer applications (Google Drive, Word, Excel) and can enter data accurately into a computer system
- You are visitor-oriented and patient: you take the time to communicate clearly and create pleasant relationships with visitors
- You respond dynamically to questions and expectations of visitors and adapt your behaviour accordingly
- You are stress resistant: at busy times you remain friendly and can take the right decision or action
- You have a passion for art and culture
- You can work during the weekend
- You meet the conditions for a Geco-contract of Actiris. More info here.
WHO ARE WE?
ARGOS is a contemporary art centre near Place Sainte-Catherine in Brussels, which was founded in 1989. It is an institute and source for the study, production and development of critical audiovisual arts. ARGOS creates exhibitions and programmes, distributes audiovisual works and builds, manages and makes available a prominent collection of artists' films and videos. ARGOS sees the audiovisual as an important means of viewing and understanding the world in more open and integrated ways. We support a multitude of voices in society and engage in dialogue with a wide range of institutional and non-institutional partners, both in Brussels and abroad.
We offer you a full-time job in an exciting and dynamic working environment in the heart of Brussels. Possibility of further training.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention as subject “Sollicitatie onthaalmedewerker”.
Deadline: 1 July 2021, 23:59.