ARGOS is looking for a head of communication!
ARGOS is looking for a passionate head of communication in a dynamic work environment in the audiovisual arts. As head of communication, you will be responsible for the continuous renewal of ARGOS' communication channels and strategies.
- The head of communication is the pivot of the organisation in terms of communication. She/he/they is/are the central link between ARGOS, its public and the press.
- In consultation with the general management the employee develops an overall plan and strategy for communication.
- In addition, communication plans for exhibitions, performances, lectures, workshops, debates and the like are formulated. Standard phases are at least: objectives, target groups, communication strategy, communication tools (tailored to press and target groups), educational tools, planning, budget, evaluation.
- The staff member writes the statements her/himself, or themselves as much as possible and consults with involved parties.
- Briefings are made according to a standard method for publicity material to be produced by external parties, such as invitations, folders, room brochures, advertisements, photos, posters.
- The staff member organises openings, press conferences, and events. He/she/they then analyse(s) the number of visitors/audience reactions and looks for methods for further optimisation.
- The staff member manages the website and the newsletter, and is responsible for editing both.
- The staff member manages the social media channels and continuously develops new policy for these channels with special focus on reaching (culturally) diverse target groups.
- The staff member manages and maintains the press file and the general relations file, as well as updates these on the database.
- The staff member recruits media sponsoring and draws up dossiers for this purpose.
- The staff member represents ARGOS in external work groups / consultation bodies. She/he/they maintain(s) contacts with (fellow) institutions and organisations in the field of communication, and follow up on new developments.
- University or college education or equivalent through experience
- Trilingual (NL/FR/EN)
- Video and editing experience, knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Driven, independent, and flexible
- Communicative, organisational talent, and a sense of initiative
- Experience and/or affinity with the artistic sector
Please note: this is a position subsidised by Actiris via the Geco contract. Candidates must meet the conditions for the Geco-contract. More info here.
If interested, please send a Dutch motivation letter, CV, 1 page press release about the ARGOS project Activating Captions and a brief statement that you meet the Geco-conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention as subject “Sollicitatie communicatieverantwoordelijke”.
Deadline: 3 June 2021.