ARGOS is looking for a business manager!
ARGOS is looking for a dynamic business manager in a flexible working environment in the (inter)national audiovisual arts. The business leader develops a vision to enhance the daily operations of the organisation.
In consultation with the director, she/he/they develop(s) a professional framework for ARGOS, in which concepts such as solidarity, diversity, trust, sustainability, and transparency are essential.
- Streamline all business and administrative processes.
- Responsible for the planning and control cycle. Monitors interim forecasts. If necessary, deploying management measures to improve the financial and economic situation.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual accounts.
- Supporting fundraising and acquisition; in consultation with the director.
- Co-maintaining contacts with subsidy providers and business (cooperation) partners.
- Attends the board meetings together with the director and takes the minutes.
- Monitoring the correct application of the Code of Good Governance: reporting and making suggestions in this respect.
- Substitute the director in his/her absence and in this capacity lead the other staff members.
- Responsible for the building and its inventory.
- Represents the institution internally and externally by participating in various external consultations.
- Right hand and sparring partner of the director.
- Responsible for optimal internal organisation and for creating conditions conducive to a professional HR climate. Cooperates in recruitment and assessment procedures, together with the director.
- Responsible for management and follow-up of insurances, pensions, sickness reporting and registration of holidays and compensation days.
- Keeping the personnel files up to date.
- Managing and supporting job students and volunteers.
- Drafting employment contracts and employer declarations.
- Being the point of contact for employees in case of questions regarding personnel records.
- Administrative processing of entries and exits.
- Responsible for contacts and proper follow-up of personnel issues with the social secretariat.
- Taking care of the monthly bookkeeping, in such a way that it is up to date and gives a good picture of the financial situation.
- Drawing up, checking and booking of invoices.
- Monitoring the timely receipt of payments and taking care of the reminders by telephone and/or in writing.
- Checking payments received, as well as sorting out discrepancies.
- Verifying invoices for correctness, cost centre, etc.
- Preparing and executing payment orders.
- Preparing various periodic overviews of the annual budget.
- Preparing the annual budget plan, in consultation with the director.
- Contact with the external accounting office and the auditor.
- Performing various financial (project) administrations, in support of the director and budget holders.
ARGOS offers a contractual position with an appropriate remuneration (PC 329) based on education and experience, commuting allowance, internet and mobile subscription and home working allowance.
The position is 4/5 and the ideal candidate is in possession of a university degree or is equivalent through experience. Trilingual (NL/FR/EN) is a requirement.
The business manager is accountable to the director.
If interested, please send a Dutch language motivation letter, CV and 1-page vision text on how you would handle the business and administrative processes at ARGOS to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "“Sollicitatie zakelijk leider" as a subject.
The interview will mainly be held in Dutch and will take place during the week of 31 May 2021.
Deadline: 27 May 2021.