ARGOS is looking for a business manager !
ARGOS is looking for a dynamic business manager in a flexible working environment in the (inter)national audiovisual arts. The business leader develops a vision to enhance the daily operations of the organisation.
In consultation with the director, she/he/they develop(s) a professional framework for ARGOS, in which concepts such as solidarity, diversity, trust, sustainability, and transparency are essential.
For this we are looking for a sparring partner with a driven yet holistic vision and the will to explore new institutional paths!
Essential tasks are:
- Streamlining all business and administrative processes
- Promoting optimal internal organisation
- Creating a professional working environment
- Compiling the annual budget, various periodic overviews, and the annual accounts
- Overseeing the monthly bookkeeping
- Supporting fundraising
- University or college education or equivalent through experience
- Trilingual: Dutch, French and English
- Good knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office, Google Drive)
- Driven, communicative, and dynamic
- Experience and/or affinity with the artistic sector
The position is 4/5. The business manager is accountable to the management.
What do we offer?
ARGOS offers a contractual position with an appropriate remuneration within the PC 329 based on education and experience, commuting allowance, internet and mobile subscription and home working allowance.
Who are we?
ARGOS is a contemporary art centre near Place Sainte-Catherine in Brussels, which was founded in 1989. It is an institute and source for the study, production and development of critical audiovisual arts. ARGOS creates exhibitions and programmes, distributes audiovisual works and builds, manages and makes available a prominent collection of artists' films and videos. ARGOS sees the audiovisual as an important means of viewing and understanding the world in more open and integrated ways. We support a multitude of voices in society and engage in dialogue with a wide range of institutional and non-institutional partners, both in Brussels and abroad.
Please send a motivation letter, CV and a 1-page vision text in Dutch on how you would approach business and administrative processes at ARGOS to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention as subject "Application business leader".
The interview will be mainly in Dutch.
Deadline: 1 December 2021.